Mobile version

4 years have passed, part 1

Hello everyone. It has been 4 years since my last article in the English variation of this blog. This is largely due to the fact that there are not so many people who look into this part. Therefore, there was no point in trying to develop this part of the blog. No audience. But nevertheless, yes. Over past years, so many events have happened in my life, but first things first.

Startup with the challenge - cure for SPMS, i haven't given up it.  In fact, the project continues to move and this is largely due to my stubbornness, thanks to the fact that I managed to find some keys to the problem in my childhood.

The video above is dated June 17, 2019. That year, for the first time, I managed to walk again in the courtyard next to my house. For the first time in a decade! My gait was extremely not very good, legs barely worked, deep paraparesis, I hanged on elbow crutches. But nevertheless I somehow managed, I started to walk somehow.

If we consider the ability to walk 100 meters on canes, not already quite a wheelchair, then I spent more than 5 years in a wheelchair. In 2011, I broke my arm and after plaster cast was removed I could not even stand. Probably another MS relapse caught up with me back then.

Is full-fledged regeneration possible in this situation? Answer is very simple and obvious, of course not. Upper motor neurons in central nervous system do not possess any even medium degree of plasticity, they are fixed and their death are largely an irreversible tragedy for the body. But of course, to some extent, their neurogenesis is also possible, but it is most likely extremely limited by existing neural network structure and genetic code.

But then what do I do if I assume that the growth of motoneurons is not possible and what exactly am I trying to achieve? And, this question is extremely interesting. What do you see here? What has changed? What was better? What was worse? How many of you are capable of answering this?

No comments:

Post a Comment