Mobile version

Сerebellar injury, multiple sclerosis and how to deal with it, the end of 11th month

Hello again to all of you! Accept my congrats on winter holidays - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you, my dear readers and subscribers. You will find the results of the 11th month in the video. My comments on this is below the video.



It’s funny, but according to the tests, my knees and legs have become stronger and faster, especially it’s easily noticeable during the last minute where I did kind of squat for the first time over last 8 years. Technically speaking, muscle contractions have strengthen, and it’s more than enough to do full moves. Yet, I haven’t improved my walk. I still stagger sidewards a lot when I walk with a cane. In general, it looks very interesting – the fact that I’m able to recover the control over my knee  joint doesn’t mean possibility of moving freely. Honestly speaking, I was wrong when I was thinking that the problem was only in a knee joint muscles and neurons.

Probably, a significant part of the lesion focus is in my cerebellum. That’s why my brain fails so much during complex moves and attempts to keep my  centre of gravity in one place. 

So, let’s conduct one more experiment:


It can be seen that many moves are still extremely constrained, slow, weak and not sharp, but  the main problem is balance. If we look closer, we’ll notice one important detail. When I position my body in the right posture, I pull my pelvis, bend knee joints a bit, carry my body weight on the hips, the most interesting part begins. I constantly let down one arm, put it away, it’s easy to stand still. Then I unclasp fingers of my another arm. The fist – it’s easy to stand. The second – it’s still easy. The third – I start staggering. When I let my arm go, I fall down. I repeat the same for another arm and leg. The result is the same. It’s funny that I don’t need a wide and solid support. Nope, maybe it sounds absurdly, but I can stand for a long time without problems, in different positions, keeping an immovable object with two of my fingers. And I can’t stand without this support, even if it’s teeny tiny, for 5 seconds. 


Such a situation is ordinary for vast injuries in the cerebellum. That's why it leads to this effect. I managed to return back leg moves at a higher level, but I can’t walk, I can’t stand still. Overall, it feels like my cerebellum and center of gravity are different organs and function beyond the system of muscle control. As a result, it's difficult to resist side bends, I’d say that a cerebellum has a great priority over consciousness, and a body follow orders its (of cerebellum) in the first place rather than our wishes, our consciousness.

Regarding to how it can be fixed, it’s clear to me a lot. I think we will see it in 2 or 3 months. Stay tuned. The best part starts from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment