Mobile version

6 th of April 2016, Multiple Sclerosis and Leg press

Hello to everyone! Here’s the result on the 6th of April, 2016. I can notice some center-of-gravity shift, I fall more seldom, the strength has increased, but it still looks awful. Honestly speaking, I think it ll look awful for a long time.  

It was naïve to assume that I can get rid of all my problems in one month. To recover in a month after 6 years spent in a wheelchair is impossible. By all measures, the equation is the same. When you take 2% of mobility and add half, you get not 52%, but only 3%. Anyway, I’ll be happy with it and take it.

Although I cherished hope…  



Some people write to me and ask to describe everything I’m doing. If to be honest, I won’t tell all the details for reasons I’ll describe in the upcoming article. But I can show you something. And even more, something must be shown.   .

It happened in the winter at Christmas time. Santa Claus gives somebody dolls, games, clothes, someone gets a car or a fur coat, the others find trips to exotic countries. There are some people who behaved badly and got only a piece of coal. I behaved well, and I got – can you guess what? GLPH – 1100!

So, let me introduce 1 piece of 127 kg weight, Leg press &  Hack Squat GLPH -1100 + 2 weight disks of 25 kg each:



This wonderful thing was delivered by a CDEK company at the end of December, 2013. Of course, the whole machine was taken to pieces. I still remember the following picture – everything is packed, you can’t even say that such a machine is hidden inside the box. I remember unwrapping this device at 6 a.m. I remember checking and comparing the sizes of the bolts with the ones from the catalogue of parts. I even recall tightening up all the bolts 5 times in the wrong way and I had to do it again and again.

The weight machine itself turned out to be very tough, as the practice showed. The faux leather didn’t crack even at 30-degree frost, I didn’t need to smear anything, I had no other problems, except only one roller on the carriage which cracked without any valid reason. Probably, if one does powerlifting, this kind of defect will cause the situation when it’s impossible to use an exercise machine due to the necessity of using big weights. Yet I needed nothing but to lift the weight of the carriage of 60 kilos and plus 50 kilos (2 weight disks).

And then everything was simple – I was fighting with demyelination a lot and often, demyelination
was fighting back. Maybe, I even felt something. I felt something like the strength in my hip increased a bit, especially during the first 10 minutes after having stopped doing the exercise. Although, 15 minutes later, I didn’t want even to crawl, my hip and bottom were filled with burning and sharp pain with fatigue.

Yes, I don’t want to disappoint anybody, but I realized after 1.2-year practice that it’s impossible to recover doing press leg when you had heavy paralysis connected with brain injury.  I don’t have any intentions to insult Valentin Dikul, a man who managed to grow spinal brain doing exercises and lifting weights. Anyway, I got what I got, the fact is that spinal and cerebral brains are different body organs.

Don’t misunderstand me – I don’t want to say that you need to give up going to the gym and work with weigh machines. On the contrary, the increased level of physical activity will slow down the speed of demyelinating processes very well. But in this particular situation, the practice showed that it’s pointless to try recovering  with weight machines and base exercises having strong paralysis.

Many people may say that I didn’t practice enough, I used light weights, etc. Ok, I suggest following this link (the 3rd month).  I think you won’t find so many stubborn people as me, people who will press this weight machine helping with hands and spend the last pieces of strength 6 hours a day throughout a year.  I think you won´t find people who will enter the house with a signboard “Don’t come in or you’ll die” again and again despite all the injuries and negative results.

By the way, my bottom, its size and shape, is the obvious consequence of frequent and high pressure of leg press. So, ladies, if you want to pump up this part of your body, you know what to do. The hip itself and everything below has left bony and skinny.  .

The final result is that - the demyelination didn’t progress so much in that years. I didn’t get any slight recovery after 1.2 year. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment