Mobile version

Overcome MS challenge continues, 16 July 2016.

Hello to everyone . НHere you will find my next achievement on July, 16th. I should say that I delayed the publishing of my post this month without any evil intentions. It’s just summer time, and I got some rest as many others. 

In general, the positive dynamics continues, but I’m a bit disappointed. I wished it to happen from the very first attempt, and I wished it to be so efficient. Snap my fingers once – and I’m running,  but the reality is different, beautiful though very severe. And it keeps sticking my nose into the fact that “if you wanna get something, please be so kind to wait cause good things ain’t done so fast”. Nope. I think they ARE done. I’m pretty much sure of it.



At the 7th minute of the video, I’m telling you about my current results.

It’s difficult to judge by the video, but strength in the hips and knee joints have increased. My stride became longer and stronger, as a result, I’m struggling to stand still though. Especially when I’m walking with a cane, it looks like I’m doing the splits.

Besides, I’m drawn sideways even more than earlier. I have to watch my balance, let alone the cane. If I start walking fast without steady support on my both arms, I fall down every time. If I slow down, I stand very confident. I have to control my steps as  well. If I kick my leg stronger, I lay down on the floor with outstretched legs in a second.

Position of the knee joint during
movements of a healthy person.
At the time of writing this article, I’m also able to do something which looks like a dreadful version of a squat and 2-3 steps controlling my knee joint, i.e. without bending it. For instance, if you ever paid attention to how disabled people walk with forearm and underarm crutches, you could notice that they often can’t estimate muscle strength in their knee and therefore don’t bend a knee joint, creating support in this way. It can be very obvious. I stand exactly this way, not because of muscles in the area of my knee joint, but due to the knee tissues of the back surface and due to its physiology and strength. 

It’s rather hurtful and dangerous. It’s very stupid to do a lot of exercises that way. It’ll be easy for me to get injured having 80 kilos of weight  .It’s very stupid to do a lot of exercises that way. It’ll be easy for me to get injured having 80 kilos of weight. However, if I transfer more support on my arms, give additional support under the left arm, i can see that muscles work, the knee joint is controlled, it just can’t bear such  a loading. If I want to change and improve my pace, I’d better start from this issue. Next month I’m going to do some exercises with a cane and I’ll be trying to do a full squat.

Position of the knee joint
in my case.
As you could see in the video, the tip of my leg is still hanging. There are some improvements, though they are still too insignificant. All I can do is to pull my footstep 20 times once in every 15-20 minutes having breaks. But my footsteps don’t work if I do more serious and difficult movements such as walking, etc.  

At the moment, I feel the growth  of strength very distinctively. I can easily walk about my 20-m dwelling holding to the walls, chairs, tables.
But when I go outdoors, I still have to use either a walker or a wheelchair.   .


No comments:

Post a Comment