Mobile version

My diagnosis.

Hello, my dear readers! It has been 4 months since the beginning of the challenge, and I have about 220 days to prove to myself and you that it is possible. It is possible to recover after severe damaging of a nervous system. But now, just to while away the time, I decided to share my current and exact diagnosis with you. As you may remember, I’ve written several times that it is ambiguous.





One of my first medical record dates to 1998. I hid all the addresses, I’m not eager to show it. This record is from a local hospital. You can see a diagnosis made in an incomprehensible handwriting – demyelinating brain disease, focal brain lesions. What does it mean? Demyelinating diseases are the ones which has demyelination as a key component, that is destruction of myeline neuron sheaths.




In this medical record, they wrote something more interesting - Ataxia with Diffuse Cerebral Hypomyelination (CACH) syndrome. What does it mean? Ataxia (from Greek = "lack of order") is a neurological sign consisting of lack of voluntarycoordination of muscle movements that includes gait abnormality, which is often observed motor disorder. Hypomyelination is all about partial myeline formation at birth – a sheath which covers nevre fibres. As a result, a person gets slow nerve conductivity which prevents well organized work of muscles.

But if we want to blame genetics, then where do I get negative dynamiсs of my disease from? Why does myeline keep being destroyed? 


Here you can see a record from Moscow Scientific Research Institute of Pediatrics and Child Surgery. The diagnosis is the same, Ataxia with Cerebral Hypomyelination. I have the same questions about this record. Where on earth do I get negative dynamics from? There shouldn’t be any. 


One more record. The diagnosis is demyelinating disease of central nervous system. The doctors assume cerebral type of remitting multiple sclerosis. Actually this particular diagnosis would clarify a lot – both negative dynamics and remissions which I feel very distinctively.



Here is a medical report of brain and spinal MRT, diffuse inflammatory lesions of white matter in brain (locus up to 18*10 mm).





Since 2008, the fun has begun. I have a feeling that I had several relapses of my disease somewhere  in 2006-08. My legs movements worsened dramatically. The situation is quite typical for MS, and what do you think? Did they confirm the diagnosis? Nope. They wrote leukodystrophy with ataxic damages, deep lower paraparesis.

I guess everybody knows what paresis means – a neurologic syndrome, lowering of weakness, which is caused with nervous system damage. Paraparesis means having paresis on both limbs. Look above if you want to revise what ataxic damages mean. And what does leukodystrophy mean?

Leukodystrophy is a group of genetic diseases characterized with progressive dystrophy of white matter in brain and spinal cord.

The symptoms of leukodystrophy:
Newborn babies looks absolutely healthy and develop according to their age, the symptoms appear gradually.
Motor disorder: worsening of coordination, balance problems – it gets more difficult to walk and run.
Muscle weakness appears, abnormally high or low muscle tone, muscle twitchings, convulsive attacks.
Changes in behavior, gradual worsening of memory and intelligence.
Worsening of hearing and eye sight.
Gradual regress (development backwards) – loss of motor and intellectual skills gained earlier.
At the later stages of the disease – paralysis, blindness, numbness, inability of swallowing food normally.
The earlier the symptoms appear, the faster it gets worse.

Here’s the link to the pictures from Google for everybody who hasn’t got it yet. In a short, they wrote in my medical record that I’m mentally deficient, I can’t see and hear anything, I’m all in paralysis, so I can do nothing and I should have died 10 years ago. Wonderful.   .

But the problem is that it’s pointless to prove something  to somebody. No drugs can restore a brain, no matter how much it costs. Nobody can do it, and there aren’t any other proven methods. If you recover by yourself, you’re a good guy, if not, who cares? If I had realized it at the very beginning, I wouldn’t have given a damn about these stupid trips to hospital in the course of 10 years in a row because it all turned to be a bad joke and nothing more. I have wasted so much time on Russian medical geniuses.  

All in all, I have different feelings about all that has been said. The first thing I realized is stupid to rely only on medicine, people do everything for the money and ticks.  Especially in Russia.



No comments:

Post a Comment